SOLVED

Hiding the "Some features are limited because you don’t have full access" banner

Brass Contributor

Hi,

Having a video shared with "Anyone with the link", opening the link as an unauthenticated user gives a yellow banner with the message: "Some features are limited because you don’t have full access".

Is there a way to get rid of this message in Stream? 

If I instead create a link to the file in SharePoint I can open the video without the annoying error message while via Stream it is present.

Stream (gives the yellow banner):

EPNAdam_0-1664300020975.png

SharePoint (no yellow banner):

EPNAdam_1-1664300131670.png

4 Replies

Hi @EPNAdam, thank you for posting this feedback. Your input is valuable to us. This message will be presented in Stream web app when it's detected there is a lack of full access. This is generally shown when the video is shared outside of the organization or similar to inform that some features are limited (e.g. download) or could not load certain features (e.g. Transcripts). This message can easily be dismissed. The OD SharePoint player does not have the enhanced logic yet, hence the difference for now.

We are exploring ways to improve this scenario (and messaging in general) to remove the annoyance while keeping the user informed. 

Thanks for feedback!

Jake

@Jake_Bomgardner thanks for your reply and in our case this message is creating confusion. I have by choice selected to share a video with anyone link and do not want the consumer so see the message nor the end-user. So it would be great if this could be resolved or possibility for a "consumer" mode/link so I just can stream the video without any messages like we have it in the SharePoint case.

best response confirmed by EPNAdam (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @EPNAdam  I will report this back to the team. Thank you for the feedback. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by EPNAdam (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @EPNAdam  I will report this back to the team. Thank you for the feedback. 

View solution in original post