Editing a video saved to OneDrive/SharePoint

Brass Contributor

Once we begin saving all TMRs to OneDrive - how will we edit those videos to trim, set a title, description or new thumbnail?  Will we have to upload the video to Stream?  If we do that, once the changes are made, do we then have to save back to OneDrive in order to be able to share?

How do we make someone else an owner of a video besides the recorder or organizer of the Teams Meeting?

Seems like the change to OneDrive is going to make working with videos way more complicated.

Is there any how-to guidance/training from Microsoft for end-users on how to work with videos now that they will be saved to OneDrive/SharePoint first?

Thank you,

36 Replies

The lack of basic functionality in Teams, especially given the worsening of the application over time, makes it a trial for users.  I suspect that the only reason this beta-like application survives is that the users are not the people who decide which application is used - so people in organisation are forced to use Teams because their organisation have made the decision to get into bed with MS.  How else could one explain the continued use of a woeful application, provided by an IT company that appears to care not one jot for the problems of the users?  We complain, but nothing happens other than (at best) patronising messages telling us 'it's on the list' and, meanwhile, we have to suck it up.  Thanks for nothing, Microsoft.

@Marc Mroz 

Assuming this is "still on the roadmap" despite that being the message for nearly 2 years now?
Title, description, custom thumbnail, chapters, transcript, analytics are all available now. Trim is not done, we are working on a plan for that now.
Any chance the roadmap has been updated yet with a timeline for this?
OR a way to replace a recorded video without breaking the links within teams?

This is still a major pain point for us after being moved to OD4B/SP recording in Teams, especially with the move away from legacy teams.

@Marc Mroz Is there a tutorial yet on how to add chapters and such for videos for Stream?

We don't have a roadmap item for trim. We are still working on a plan, but most likely we are going to add something simpler than trim like a default start and end time and wait for clipchamp for a real trim.

But you can do replace today. Just upload a file to the same folder with the same name and it'll ask you if you want to replace the existing file or upload it as a new file.
Just thought I'd drop a message here to add my voice to the call for basic editing functionality added to the new OneDrive version of Stream. I work in Higher Education and myself and colleagues have previously been uploading videos via Stream. However, with the move to the SharePoint version, we are now no longer able to easily trim our lecture recordings, which makes for a poor user experience for our students.
This is unacceptable.
I second your comment.
I second your comments.

We are halfway through 2023. I don't mean to sound negative but seeing this discussion gave me despair.

O then at last relent: is there no place
Left for trimming, none for cutting left?

And here we are almost into 2024, and still no further forward.
Nice one Microsoft, keep on pushing out crippled solutions as an "upgrade" why don't you?

There is some light at the end of the tunnel. In our company I got the enrolled in beta testing for Co-pilot and Teams. Now I can edit videos. It just takes forever...
Copilot can edit videos?
Clipchamp is an option for editing/trimming videos
No, just that clipchamp got rolled out with new teams.