SOLVED

Build a power page with a streaming and live streaming service

Copper Contributor

Hi Everyone,

Hope y'all doing great today,

Here is my question :

I have a lead that would like to build a streaming platform, the volume is hudge : 15K users in the same time at maximum audience for streaming vidéo.

It would also require Live events streaming with simultaneous users doing it.

I think that stream on sharepoint is doing live events but do you know if we could build a such solution on a power page website for exemple ? Is it even possible on a standard sharepoint ?

Kind regards 

4 Replies
Are you asking if you can do a live event that will support 15K users at the same time?
Are you asking if you can stream live events from a Power Page?
Or. . . are you asking if you can store a video in SharePoint and access it to stream from there via a Power Page?

@karen_dredske 

Hi Karen :)

I wont do an event with 15k person on the same endpoint but in the use case, 15k users could be at the same time watching stream video. It's closed to twitch scope.

Question is more can I do live event from power page, with teams integration for example, and can I store video on stream and show it on power pages,

Thanks a lot

best response confirmed by ErwanP (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I don't think that is going to work. The reason is that the video is stored in SharePoint and Power Pages uses Dataverse and not SharePoint for its repository. Unless something new comes out where you can get Stream to launch from a link in Power Pages to a SharePoint library that all of your users have access to. . . it is not likely you will have success using this method. I'm not so sure on how well the platform will handle that many users at the same time either, but I am not the expert on that. It is an interesting idea, but I don't think the developers have considered your use case when they have been building either Power Pages or the Stream app.
Building a Power Page with a streaming and live streaming service using OnTheFly tools involves several steps:
Prerequisites:
Integrate OnTheFly streaming and live streaming service:
Customize the Power Page:
Test and publish:
Monitor and maintain:
Using OnTheFly tools can simplify the process of integrating streaming and live streaming services into your Power Pages. Their embed codes are easily customizable, and they offer various playback options to enhance the user experience.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ErwanP (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I don't think that is going to work. The reason is that the video is stored in SharePoint and Power Pages uses Dataverse and not SharePoint for its repository. Unless something new comes out where you can get Stream to launch from a link in Power Pages to a SharePoint library that all of your users have access to. . . it is not likely you will have success using this method. I'm not so sure on how well the platform will handle that many users at the same time either, but I am not the expert on that. It is an interesting idea, but I don't think the developers have considered your use case when they have been building either Power Pages or the Stream app.

View solution in original post