SOLVED

Apple App Update Version History In Foreign Language

Iron Contributor

This to me seems odd. The App update posted to Apple AppStore version history is in a foreign language it’s only the latest release that is not in English. 

Is there any chance someone with malicious intent altered code and published app update? 

Link to Stream Apple AppStore app

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-stream-videos/id1401013624

2200A875-456F-440A-BBD8-BC4C63F2A444.png

1 Reply
best response confirmed by rahulmittal (Microsoft)
Solution

@BrandonDBC : Thanks for bringing it our attention. There was a glitch in our release process which caused the version history to be populated in an incorrect language. This has been taken care of for any future releases and you should now see the correct version in further release notes, given that the Apple app store doesn't have provision to retrospectively edit the version history for previous releases.

As a side note, we are connecting with some of our customers to understand their mobile video needs better. Let me know if you would be interested in getting on a 40 mins call with us so that we can understand your mobile scenarios better and build towards supporting those for you. If interested, you can reach out to us at streammobapp@microsoft.com and we can schedule some time with you as per your convenience.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by rahulmittal (Microsoft)
Solution

@BrandonDBC : Thanks for bringing it our attention. There was a glitch in our release process which caused the version history to be populated in an incorrect language. This has been taken care of for any future releases and you should now see the correct version in further release notes, given that the Apple app store doesn't have provision to retrospectively edit the version history for previous releases.

As a side note, we are connecting with some of our customers to understand their mobile video needs better. Let me know if you would be interested in getting on a 40 mins call with us so that we can understand your mobile scenarios better and build towards supporting those for you. If interested, you can reach out to us at streammobapp@microsoft.com and we can schedule some time with you as per your convenience.

View solution in original post