Unable to download videos

Copper Contributor

Hi there,

One of my clients is unable to download his uploaded content from Microsoft Stream and either gets the attached error message - "The requested resource was not found" or cannot download at all.

The videos can be watched on Microsoft Stream but when clicking the three dots to download the video, the user is unable to click "Open" or "Save" the video (both buttons are unresponsive).

Has anyone come across this before or does anyone have a fix for this? 

Thoughts please,

Carly

20 Replies

@CarlyM - I'm sorry you are running into an issue. This shouldn't happen and I don't know of any known issues in this area right now.

Can you or your O365 admin open up a support ticket so we can investigate. Make sure to reproduce the issue, and then go to ? > About Microsoft Stream and copy the Session ID and data center info to include in the ticket. 

I'm hoping we can track down the problem after support investigates.

@Marc MrozHi Mark, thank you for your confirming that there are no known issues with Microsoft Stream. I will contact my Office 365 admin if I am unable to diagnose the cause of the issue.

@CarlyM 

That particular video has been delete or that video is corrupted that's why he is getting error.

@Lewis-HThe picture thumbnails are blank under the user's list of videos but they work because I'm able to play them.

Would there still be a chance that these files are corrupted even though the videos work?

@Marc Mroz Hi Marc, is it possible to access the location where the files are stored to retreive them? Corrupted or not.

@CarlyM  Hi Carly, I have the same issue...I think. When I go to the ". . . " three dots next to "like" for a video I have uploaded, and I select "download video", I get a new page with error: 

{
  "error": {
    "code": "NotFound",
    "message": "The requested resource was not found."
  }
}

Video plays back fine and this happens not just with this video but any video uploaded. 

@CarlyMSame problem here. I sent an error description to ms (with my Client sessionID info).

Hi there @JAr_msUser, I sent you a message asking for your session ID so I can have our engineers check it out.  I've filed an incident that we'll start investigating, but so far we can't reproduce this.  Thanks! 

Hi @garrettbronner , I replied to your message.

I tested the download this morning, and now download of the video from Steam worked fine.

Ok thanks @JAr_msUser !  As we cannot reproduce this, please let us know if it happens again and the session ID will help to troubleshoot.

@garrettbronner I'm having the same issue... can you suggest any fixes?

No user can download their stream videos they get the same error mentions above.

Any help would be appreciated

Mark

@MarkGilmour I will just add some details on what came from working through this issue with MS. For me, at least, the issue was with .WMV and .MOV files. MP4 files turned out to work fine. Initially, I tried to see if the file size was the issue but we were unable to narrow it down further nor were MS able to reproduce any issues on their side.  My workaround was to use MP4 format going forward, as they seemed to work despite a file size 2x that of the .WMV or .MOV files so it seemed to center around the .WMV and .MOV format, at least for us. Again, MS were unable to reproduce the error.

Thanks for the info @DonMacFar, I shared that with our team who is investigating.  Thanks for your patience as we are working through an unprecedented period of high usage!

@DonMacFar Thanks... We've only just started using it... our videos were all .mov format. We will try your work around... thanks for taking the time to comment.

Mark

I am getting the same error message: 

{
  }
}

when I try to download a video I recorded in teams and then trimmed in Stream.  I have used these tools before with no issues.  The video plays just fine in Stream but I am unable to download @DonMacFar 

@RegalMarket , I have the same issue.  In Streams, I went to My content, selected the video which I'd let run too long during recording, clicked on the ellipses, selected Trim Video from the "More Actions" drop down, and the 'trim process'.  It hung with message trim was in process check later but after 6 hours I tried to bypass the process by downloading and received the following error:

{
  }
}

...and here I remain stuck though the 'trim banner' finally went away as of today.    If this is a 'known issue' then MS should disable Trim feature until a resolution is found.  Now, instead of a too-long video, I have no video and down load and share with the customer.   

Same issue !
IOut of 3 new videos on Stream, I could download 2 of them, but he 3rd one game me the error message.

@LauraReilly-IQVIA 

Same issue: out of the 3 videos available on Stream I could download 2 of them.

The 3rd one produced the error message.

@CarlyM 

Personal experience: that may because ( for not able to download video on certain streaming platform(s)) They (Google,Netflix and twitch, etc...) have adapted a kind of new video technology called AV1 codec, as I know some of the downloaders/ devices do not support this kind of codec, hence that became the reason why they failed to download/ decode their downloaded video. There are some useful resources may be helpful. https://bloggeek.me/av1-video-codec/ https://www.winxdvd.com/video-converter/a-brief-intro-to-av1-codec.htm