Transcripts not loading

Copper Contributor

I uploaded a 3.22 minute long video about one hour ago and the transcript still hasn't loaded.  Language set to English, al the settings are exactly how i normally have them, i am just not getting the transcript.  i had the same problem this morning so i deleted my video after 90 minutes and uploaded it again.

Is there a problem today?  We need to generate the captions before we can make the video available to  the organisation?

Thanks

5 Replies

@ChrissyFoz I am also experiencing this.  Did you ever get this resolved?

I usually have to wait till the following day for the transcripts to load. It used to be about 10 minutes, but i presume with more and more people using Stream, we are having to wait longer?

My initial post, however, was about how users of the videos, are not able to easily download a meaningful copy of the transcript, which is essential for accessibility. I have not received any updates or solutions on this.
I usually have to wait till the following day for the transcripts to load. It used to be about 10 minutes, but i presume with more and more people using Stream, we are having to wait longer?

@ChrissyFoz I learned it is because language isn't selected when you first upload.  Once you select the language in the settings, the transcript populates quickly (not sure why this isn't a default setting).

I wish this were the same for me, however, I always choose English, because i read this when i first posted about this (on another thread) ... but it still doesn't load them till hours later.
Does this work every time for you then? Now i am jealous!! lol