Transcript Mode not available

Copper Contributor

Is there a defect/issue or has the functionality been de-activated within my company?

2017-08-23_10-02-53.png

21 Replies
This could be because you don't have right Stream license. Only E5 users or users with Stream P2 licenses can see transcript more. Everyone else gets closed captions.

I can see the transcription of our videos and I have an E4 license... by your logic I should not.  We have users who do not see the option to turn on transcription or faces in the drop down settings for their use, and they have E4 licenses as well.  There must be some other configuration that is necessary in order for them to see the transcription.

For  "Search automatically generated transcripts for Office 365, it says "Varies by offer"  https://stream.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/  What does that mean?  How do I know what options I have?

This is a bit clearer -  Licensing overview

Microsoft Stream for Office 365.png

Yeah same issue... how do you generate the transcription file and/or enable captioning? None of the help files are accurate from what I can see. 

M/S opened Stream transcripts, captions and people search within Stream (which really should be included in M/S Search) a couple of months ago.

I have two users who cannot see Transcripts, Captions and the People Tab under the Player w.

I see those controls. Ia not an Admin but I see and use the provided controls. I can create Groups. The issue holders cannot.  Is this a group creation configuration issue? If so, is there a workaround? If not, is there a remedy?

Thanks!

This information is old. E3 licensees now can use Transcripts, facial recognition and Captions.

I have two users who cannot see Transcripts, Captions and the People Tab under the Player w.

I see those controls. Ia not an Admin but I see and use the provided controls. I can create Groups. The issue holders cannot.  Is this a group creation configuration issue? If so, is there a workaround? If not, is there a remedy?

Thanks!

I'm running into this issue on a video I just uploaded - there is no option to show Transcript. I can see it on older videos I've uploaded. Has something changed?

I am having a similar issue- the Transcript mode is available on some videos and not others and I don't see a pattern to Team role or age of the video.

@Sarah Parmenter I am having this problem as well; some videos generate transcripts, some do not.  If I "re"generate, it temporarily shows the transcript window with the message "Audio transcripts aren't quite ready yet. Check back soon."  However, when I check back, the option to view transcripts has disappeared.  I can, however, see the transcripts as closed caption subtitles.

I found a fix- it works for me, anyway! For me, it was as simple as Editing the video details and changing the Video Language from Select Language to English. This seemed to enable the Show Transcript setting. I did that and then it did take a bit of time for the transcript to show up.

Stream Video Edit Details.png

I found a fix- it works for me, anyway! For me, it was as simple as Editing the video details and changing the Video Language from Select Language to English. This seemed to enable the Show Transcript setting. I did that and then it did take a bit of time for the transcript to show up.

Stream Video Edit Details.png

Hi I encounter the similar issues as well..

I had click View Settings> Show Transcript but it shows "Audio transcripts aren't quite ready yet. Check back soon."

I do realize the latest video have the transcript function where for the previous videos didn't shown.

@Nick Hasselblad How to you make it avibile

@Vishal Sood @Donovan Vergason that could be to

@verason888 Hello everybody I know this is a tough time but I am here so if u have any qustoins  please go to @vergason888 about my videos 

Thanks Vergason888

@Nick Hasselblad here are my videos plz fix them my videos