SOLVED

This may not be for you. It looks like you don't have permission to watch this video - Error

Copper Contributor

Hi All, 

Please help me to resolve shared video playback issue.

Teams Meeting recording is stored on MicrosoftStream service (this is default option). I'm trying to watch the recorded video shared with me via direct link and getting the error :
"This may not be for you

It looks like you don't have permission to watch this video"

Any Idea what is the reason for this?

Note: My teammates also have the same issue.

8 Replies
best response confirmed by DVolk (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi @DVolk

It sounds very much like a permissions issue. Has the person who recorded the video gone into the stream portal (via https://login.microsoftonline.com), gone to My Content, selected and edited the video and added you all to have permissions to view that video? Unless the video is set as a public video, it'll be a private video and they will need to add you to the permissions.

Let me know how it goes.

Best, Chris

Best, Chris
As Christopher said, videos in Stream can have permissions set. If the meeting happened in another Team, or it was a personal meeting then permissions must be set on the file. Just sharing the URL isn't enough.

If the meeting happens in a Channel or via Meet Now and is recorded, then the Team will have access to the recordings by default.

Hi @Christopher Hoard,

Thanks for your advise. You were right, the case was with permissions. I was playing around video recording from my side and found out that Teams saves videos with view grants for participants only. 

I spent some time trying  to change permission level on my video and finally!!! found it under "Edit" button.  

"Allow everyone in your company to view this video" - this solved all my problems.

Thanks again for guiding me.

Best regards,

Dima

Hi @Chris Webb

Thanks for your advice. 

The issue is resolved now. 

Look's like I need to setup my meetings properly to get sharing by default. And now I know how to do it :)

Regards,

Dima

@Chris Webb Does this apply to downloading the video as well, or just watching the video?

Watching, only owners can download the videos. So if you edit the permissions and make everyone owners of the video they can download, but they will get the ability to change settings etc. to the video so keep that in mind.

@Chris Webb Hello Chris! You said: "If the meeting happens in a Channel or via Meet Now and is recorded, then the Team will have access to the recordings by default." but everything is set just like you mentioned, my team members are still unable to access the recording that I took from the general channel which automatically created when creating the team. View permissions are given to the team members in stream. Any idea to solve this problem? Thanks.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by DVolk (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi @DVolk

It sounds very much like a permissions issue. Has the person who recorded the video gone into the stream portal (via https://login.microsoftonline.com), gone to My Content, selected and edited the video and added you all to have permissions to view that video? Unless the video is set as a public video, it'll be a private video and they will need to add you to the permissions.

Let me know how it goes.

Best, Chris

Best, Chris

View solution in original post