There's something wrong with the video ID for this page

Brass Contributor

Hi,

A users has uploaded 2 videos, and received the confirmation email to say it had finished processing and ready to stream.

However when anyone clicked the link in the email it gave the error: 

This video isn't available

I've come in this morning, and now one of them is working, however the other isn't. I uploaded a vidoe myself without issue, and this user has uploaded a video in the last few weeks whch was fine.

Any ideas whats causing this? We have just started using Stream and these were going to be the first videos published to other users in the organisation. Not a good start!

Thanks 
5 Replies

@Andrew Sparks - I'm so sorry you are running into problems using Stream. I'll send you a private message and we can get more info from you to start investigating what the problem could be. 

@Marc I'm having the same issue, with a video that was shared with me by a colleague. We have just started experimenting with Stream, so we don't know what it working properly looks like.

EDIT: It started working-- there was a 10-15 minute delay between sharing and the link actually working. Could be sync issues between servers?

DOUBLE EDIT: Coworker had to hit "publish" for me to be able to see it. Why would MS send me an email with a link to the video that doesn't work?

DOUBLE EDIT: Coworker had to hit "publish" for me to be able to see it. Why would MS send me an email with a link to the video that doesn't work?

Yes, before anyone can see a video in Stream it has to be "published." Until then only the person that uploaded the video can see it.

I agree with you it is not ideal that we let you use the "Share" dialog before a video is published. 

I just put in a bug for us to look at if we can address this better and not show the "Share" options (send email, embed, get link) until a video is published. 

I ran into this problem 14 months later, so I don't think it's been addressed properly. The error reads:

This video isn't available

I think the error message could be updated with this information: "Ask the person who sent you this stream to make sure they clicked "Publish," which may enable you to view this document."

it's 10/6/20 and this behavior is still not fixed. Amazing.