The server encountered an error while searching for videos, please try again later

Copper Contributor

I see a red "The server encountered an error while searching for videos, please try again later" error when trying to find videos in Discover -> Videos. The home page says "It looks like something went wrong. Refresh your browser to try again" under My watchlist and Followed channels. When I click a direct link to a previously recorded video I see "The request is invalid / Please check the web address and try again". 

There is nothing on the service status forum but seems pretty broken. I see a couple of posts from people with similar issues, one cleared up in a day and another looks like it was an issue for weeks. What's going on and how do we get our content back?

3 Replies

We have had the same exact issues off and on over the last couple weeks. I will be submitting a support ticket. @Robert-Ellison 

@JSwim  We've had reports of this error now as well.  Did you receive a resolution?

@AndreaHansen No, we never got a resolution from Microsoft. The issue stopped appearing after a few weeks, but we still do not know the root cause/fix.