SOLVED

Stream Updates

Iron Contributor

Just a rant about how Microsoft communicates.  I am the Stream admin for my company, but IT does not want to grant me access to the O365 Admin portal so I depend on this site for news and updates.  Apparently Edit Videos in Stream and the Replace without breaking URL's is coming, which we all knew.  But the information shared in the roadmap is too high level and does not help.  Why can't we get more detailed information like my admin can get from the admin portal?   BTW, here is the word on replacing videos.  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/stream/portal-replace-video

Roadmap vs Admin Portal

Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 8.49.51 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-07-19 at 8.48.01 AM.png

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Scott Tupper (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Make your company pay for an E1 license and create your very own tenant, like 8 bucks, and you can have your own admin center and messages :). But yes, releases def. could use a much more thorough documentation. 

@Chris Webb @Scott Tupper - Thanks to both of you for the feedback. Does our What's New page help at all? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/stream/whats-new-web 

If not, or if you have some additional feedback you'd like to share, please feel free to reach out to me directly. 

-Chris

Thanks for that link. Are the Meetings under my Content supposed to be live? I do not have those showing up in my tenant?

@Chris Webb - No, those would more accurately be described as "My recorded meetings." The New Stream and Teams meeting recordings will all be moving to OneDrive and SharePoint over the next year or so - you can opt in now if you'd like to try the early functionality.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Scott Tupper (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Make your company pay for an E1 license and create your very own tenant, like 8 bucks, and you can have your own admin center and messages :). But yes, releases def. could use a much more thorough documentation. 

View solution in original post