Stream people detection search all video function

Copper Contributor

Our business has just made Stream available. One of our users has expressed his disappointment of the  people detection. All this does is allow the user to jump to different parts of the same video where that face appears. He thought there would be the ability to search all videos for that face (a bit like you can with photos in various apps). Or assign a name to a face and link it that way. When selecting "Discover" and "People" it searches AD, which has no link to faces or the transcripts....he doesn't see the point in that search! Any plans to enhance search to extend to face detection?

3 Replies
Hi @MottMacintranet

I have raised a uservoice for you here

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Stream-Ideas/Ability-to-search-for-Face-Detection/i...

Would recommend you vote on it in order to push it up the agenda. Could be some time to pick up, but the more who vote on it the more likelihood it'll come to attention. Would also recommend raising it on any Stream AMA's which come up in the future, referencing that uservoice.

Hope that answers your question!

Best, Chris

@MottMacintranetits a great feature to have, i've upvoted for ya on the uservoice.