Recording of Meetings stopped streaming on Microsoft stream starting today only.

Copper Contributor

Starting today, the recording of the Microsoft teams sessions cannot be found in the Microsoft Steam.

Any suggestion?

Thank you.

16 Replies

@Dr_Georgy  Check if Stream was disabled in the tenant or if the recording starter has no Stream license. If on of this happend and the recording is not disabled in the Teams Admin Center, the video is stored outside of Stream and the meeting participants can view it via Teams when they go to the Teams meeting.

Thank you, I had to look into the chat if the Teams scheduled meeting and I found the video which had a download option attached to it. I wasn’t able to download it to my computer until few hours passed. Then I tried it again and it was downloaded and from downloads, I uploaded it in Microsoft Stream. This happened for all my 3 Teams meetings today!
Before only today, as soon as Team meeting ends, the recorded videos get streamed automatically.
Thank you
I'm having the same issue since august 24...

@Dr_Georgy 

This says it was going to start the 20th, but didn't start until the last two days.

For customers with Office 365 A1 and A1 Plus licenses, Teams meeting recordings will no longer automatically upload to Microsoft Stream effective August 20, 2020. 

Key points

• Timing: August 20, 2020
  • Roll-out: tenant level
  • Control type: user control
  • Action: review and assess

[How this will affect your organization]

This change is expected to last through the end of 2020, and Microsoft will provide updates for further changes. Meetings recorded before August 20 are not affected by this change.

Following this change, your end users will continue to be able to record Teams meetings.

• To playback the meeting recording, participants will need to download the file from the chat window.
  • To share or archive a recording, meeting participants will need to download the file and then upload it to Teams, Stream, SharePoint, or OneDrive.

Meeting recordings will be available in the meeting chat for a period of 21 days after the meeting. After 21 days, the meeting recordings will no longer be available for download from the chat.

Now I understand... but this is not good for us.
:\

Thank you for the explanation!
It's not good for a lot of people. Especially schools who bought into teams for remote education. Teachers have had a hard enough time learning the basics of teams without adding more time consuming and arduous steps that they have to do.
Exactly the situation I'm involved...
:\
Bad move, Microsoft.

@AlexandreRGarcia 

I would wager that schools are going to be the most impacted by this change. This would be a clever move on Microsofts part. Making the changes right at the start of the school year. Schools can either dish out a large amount of money for better licencing or try to quickly teach a lot of already stressed out teachers a whole new process. Even after many training lessons and being given plenty of training material, we have teachers still struggling. Adding this is on top of everything else is almost impossible at this point, but the school doesn't have a big budget. Thus it's going to be a very hard next few weeks.

@Tomislav Karafilov 

Microsoft support said that this is due to server load during Covid, and that they will re-evaluate enabling this feature at the end of this year. As we are a small school we've decided to do extended trial testing of all the paid Microsoft subscriptions back to back to see the differences. I'm grateful for assigned group licencing.  

Here is even worse for us: With this update, all students can download the recording.
(One of the advantages was that the meeting went to Stream and the download was restricted to students)
Does anyone know how to fix this?
How can I now not allow students to download recorded meetings directly within Teams?

We are a small public university in Brazil. We have the "Office 365 A1 for faculty" license for free and we started using Teams and Stream just by the emergence of COVID.
I'm just a teacher, not an IT person, and I'm here looking for answers ...

Thank you, people.

@AlexandreRGarcia 

You Essentially have two options. The first would be to go into the Teams admin center, and turn off the Allow cloud recording option on the Meetings policy that is assigned to your teachers. The second, is to purchase at minimum Office 365 A3 for faculty licences for each of your teachers. Note, Microsoft does offer a 25 user trial for each of their subscriptions that can usually be extended once. These trials can be used at the same time and can be used for different groups of teachers. 

If all of that sounds confusing then you might want to talk to Microsoft or hire an IT consultant group. If you do go with a consultant group, do some research as there are some that will try to sell a lot more than you'll ever need. 

@DAkeeD 

Which license of Microsoft 365 or Streams do I need for an automatical upload to Streams?

Thank you all. Additionally, many recordings do not allow to download to the computer. I click download many times and I try refreshing the chat and I try clicking download and it still does not allow me to download and after the expiration date, the recording will be lost.

@FlorianKurrle 

The cheapest subscription would be Office 365 A3 for faculty.

@Dr_Georgy 

The download of the files is different than it is in other apps. Make sure you have a good internet connection and that Teams is up to date. When you click on download wait a little bit and you should see a little pop up box come up in the bottom right hand corner of Teams that says something like "Video file downloading". It disappears pretty quick. Wait a little longer and you will have another popup box in the same area that says something like "Download complete". It too will disappear pretty quick. If you click on the second box it will open file explorer to Downloads (This is on a Windows computer). Where you should see a file that says Video.mp4 or similar. You will want to do this on computer as opposed to a tablet or phone. I have not tried on a Mac, and so I'm not sure how different the process is.