New feature request: allow users to flag a video

Brass Contributor

Hi Stream Team!

As we are implementing Stream within ING Bank globally soon (70,000 staff in 40+ countries), I have a new feature request.

We are trying to mitigate any risk of people uploading videos that are not allowed on the Stream platform for any Risk/Compliance reason (confidentiality of content or otherwise). To support this, we'd like to have a 'flagging option' available for all videos. It's practically the same feature as e.g. YouTube offers, to flag/report a video to the platform administrators, for a general or specific reason. E.g. for inappropriate use of intellectual property, image rights, privacy abuse, (too) confidential information in the video, etc.

Is there any chance you guys can consider this to be put on your backlog? Any other Stream users/customers/organizations that have a similar requirement in mind? If possible, I would be very happy to discuss this feature request in person, next week at Ignite in Orlando. Would be great to meet some folks of the Stream Product team there!

Cheers, Joris

Product Owner Global One Intranet @ ING Bank - Amsterdam, The Netherlands

3 Replies

Hi @Joris Kok: Thanks for bringing this up. We already have "Reporting Inappropriate content" as a feature in our backlog. Its just that we have not been able to get to it yet. We are looking closely at our roadmap again and will be addressing some of these features soon - don't have a date to commit just yet.

Also, Feel free to sign up for a specific side meeting with someone from our team: https://calendly.com/msstream/ignite
Many thanks, I'll plan for a side meeting for sure. Looking forward to meet you guys next week!