Multiple Accounts in Streams

Copper Contributor

I have two separate accounts, one for work and one for school. I am unable to sign out of my school stream account so I can log into my work stream account. I never logged into the streams account with my school log in. I logged into my school and it automatically logged me into to stream. I am still able to log in and out of other Microsoft apps, however streams is not allowing me to log in with a different account. 

Has anyone experienced the same issues or has a solution? 

6 Replies
I have the same issue. I cannot log out of my school account. I have tried logging out, and closing the browser, but when I log in again, it logs me in automatically to the school account, it doesn't even ask which account I want to log in to. When I click on account and then log in to a different account, an error appears stating that the work User account from the school's identity provider does not exist in the school's tenant and cannot access the application (My Profile) in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Sign out and sign in again with a different Azure Active Directory user account.

Hello - I am experiencing the same problem @Shauntai 

I have two institutional (university) Office 365 accounts and when I log in with my main one and open MS Stream my other university subscription appears and I have no access to my videos. Any advice?

@Shauntai I had this issue and tried for an hour to figure out how to fix it. 

I ended up finding a workaround by using a browser where I had never signed in with my school Office account. Ever. Normally I use Chrome, so I pulled up FireFox, looked up Stream, and logged myself in (instead of being automatically logged in).

Hopefully this helps!

After clearing chrome cookies, the problem was solved for me.

@Abboda96 If you're switching between accounts frequently, I would either recommend using incognito mode in Chrome or using a separate browser

It's a bug.  Microsoft please fix it. @marekkoenig