Minimum spec (iPad) Microsoft Teams and Stream recording

Copper Contributor
Hi,

I have an issue as I have a member of staff who needs to use MSTeams for a lesson and has to record the lesson but the record option isn’t there. She is the same permissions as everyone else so I’m wondering if her device is too old to record to MsStream whilst inside MSTeams. Does anyone know where I could get a Min Spec for Stream recording on MSTeams using an iPad

Andy
2 Replies

Hi @Leh_aclarkson

There is several reasons why the recording button may not appear in Teams

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/cloud-recording

User has an Office 365 E1, E3, E5, A1, A3, A5, M365 Business, Business Premium or Business Essentials
User needs to be licensed for Microsoft Stream
User has Microsoft Stream upload video permissions
User has consented to the company guidelines, if set up by the admin
User has sufficient storage in Microsoft Stream for recordings to be saved
User has TeamsMeetingPolicy-AllowCloudRecording setting set to true
User is not an anonymous, Guest, or federated user in the meeting

So their admin will need to check these out. It could be because of the device - the Teams app on a Mac doesn't always have the functionality

Hope that answers your question!

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard Hi,

Thank you for your you're reply to my query. Today I've been working through this problem and it does look like it is the device which is the issue. The iPad is a iPad Air 2. The users account is perfectly fine as it is setup like everyone else's that currently works.

I today tried it with a member of staff and their iPad Air 2 wasn't showing the record option. We then tried it on another iPad Air 2 (his personal one off a MDM) and that didn't work either. We then installed in on a Windows 10 laptop and we were then able to see the record options and the user was able to record from the laptop. I haven't been able to find anything on any Microsoft websites to say that there is a min spec but this test proves that the iPad Air 2 just doesn't work. I also don't understand why it would not work on an iPad Air 2 as MS Stream Videos and all cloud stored videos. As it is all cloud based it shouldn't need the processing power of the iPad.

Regards

Andy