Microsoft Stream Would Not Load in Chrome or IE

Copper Contributor

Good morning,

Microsoft Stream would not load and the screen appears white. I have tried to clear the cache and using a different browser. Same result. Is there some sort of bug or outage that's going on with MS Stream? Please advise.

14 Replies

I have the same issue here @ted-odukalets 

@ted-odukalets We're having the same issue. There doesn't appear to be a service status page for Stream still but I'd guess on this basis there's something wider going on..

Same problem here,

@ted-odukalets 

Same problem is here as well.

Many of the referenced CSS and JS files throw 404.

clipboard_image_0.png

It's the same for us too

@ted-odukalets 

@ted-odukalets 

Same here  - there seems to be no updates on the outage anywhere. I cant see this being a trustworthy platform for enterprise with this kind of long outage.  

Same here. And I can't find reference to the service being down on the service health page. How are we supposed to report these things?

We have the same issue, and I believe it is related to DNS. Other users on other networks can access the same content fine, and if I tether with my phone, I can load it. DNS lookups resolve to completely different IP ranges. I have tried numerous public DNS's but a lot have the same issue.

I opened a support case, but they are refusing to look into it as it works on other networks so "must be a network issue".

@em-sct 

Sounds like you are right...

I have testet on several computers (mac/Windows) and in several browsers.

When using out normal DNS server, we cant load microsoftstream.com.

Using Firefox with http-dns, it works. From a pc on a different network (and google DNS) it works just fine

@ted-odukalets 

It looks like JANET (one of the UK Education Internet providers) are having issues with DNS resolutions at the moment.

If you are provided internet by JANET, or another company that uses JANET networking, then this may be why you are having issues.

We currently can not access Stream either.

----

Ticket number: 20191212-182659 Ticket status: Open
Ticket type: Unscheduled Site: Janet DNS resolver service
Problem start: 20191212 11:25 UTC Ticket opened: 20191212 11:42 UTC
Ticket update: 20191212 11:50 UTC Problem fixer: Janet NOC
Problem ends: Ticket closed:

Ticket Summary: Issues afftecting DNS resolver service

Problem Description:
We have, since 11:25 UTC, been aware of issues affecting our DNS resolver service.

Affected:
Janet DNS resolver service

Actions (last updated at 20191212 11:50 UTC by DM):
Engineers are currently investigating

Fix:

Time to Fix: (unknown)

History:
20191212 11:50 UTC, Daniel Miles:
Engineers are currently investigating

This seems to be far less robust than using Skype for Business recordings.. it wasn't broke and they "fixed" it.. Teams & Stream do not do the basic functions, this is forcing people to look to alternative solutions.

@em-sct , we are located in Kazakhstan. The Stream working again. Just an FYI.

@ted-odukalets 

Still not working for us in the UK.

Microsoft are due to release more information at 5pm GMT. 

It might be worth being a tad careful, as Microsoft might have to restore back to a previous version!