Microsoft Stream not working in Chrome

Copper Contributor

Stream is simply not working in Chrome for me any longer.  This worked for me as recently as the last week or 2 (not 100% when it stopped, I don't go there every day) and is working for my co-workers.   I am on Chrome version 72.0.3626.109, Windows 10 OS.  Error occurs both embedded web parts in a SharePoint site I've been creating, and going to Stream directly.  It does work using Edge, IE, and Firefox.  I assume some obscure Chrome setting got changed??  I have cleared cache, rebooted, anyone have an ideas??  I have attached a screen shot of the error I get...not much info but that's all I have.  Thank you in advance for any help!

1 Reply

Did you resolve this problem?

I am encountering the exact same error from Stream, both embedded in SPO site and upon directly navigating to Stream. Only in Chrome. Only for me. Coworkers are fine. IE and Edge are fine. I have cleared cache, rebooted, uninstalled/reinstalled Chrome. Occurs directly on company network and through VPN. Started yesterday about 4:30 pm EST and persists today. I literally saw it change before my eyes after I made an edit to a site header logo.

Can anyone help with this? Thanks.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. 

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>