SOLVED

Is Microsoft Stream API api available now in 2019 ?

Copper Contributor

I am keen to integrate MS Stream rest and have been waiting since last year, Purpose is to only show the content of the User MS Stream account. I went through many related forum links where I found that API would be available till 2018 Q4 that is passed but still, I did not get any documentation and my comment 's reply related to API, If I missed the documentation then please tell me else then when API support would be available ? and if is there any way to achieve my purpose, Please Help.
Thanks

23 Replies
best response confirmed by vish888 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi,

It is on the roadmap. Updated in March to say CY Q2 2020 on the Microsoft 365 Roadmap

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=In%20development&searchterms=Strea...

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard  is there any other way to achieve it ?

Hi @vish888

@Marc Mroz or @Vishal Sood may be able to give some insights into an alternative way to achieve what you need.

Best, Chris

ok thanks for your quick response @Christopher Hoard 

@vish888 Did you make any progress here? Stream is essentially useless as a video platform without the ability to do simple things like pull a feed from a channel via API. How Stream even shipped without this basic functionality is beyond me.

@Christopher Hoard 

HI,

What API categories it would be?

Thank you

Hi @Kevin_Chen1

Unknown I am afraid. There is no information apart from what is given in the Roadmap item

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?featureid=25197

Best, Chris
Not yet, i left it and waiting for introducing the api document by microsoft, if you did any progress then please let me know :)

@Christopher Hoard 

Are there any alternative ways available to use Stream via APIs? We have now had our 3rd Office 365 Video outage and each one presents a real headache and weeks of impact for our users. Our current downtime is 12 days and counting. We keep being told by Microsoft Support that we should migrate to Stream but without access to any APIs we are stuck and we continue to be use a Video platform Microsoft don't seem very enthusiastic to support :( 

"@Marc Mroz or @Vishal Sood may be able to give some insights into an alternative way to achieve what you need."

Hi @Craig Stanley,

Completely understand the frustration and it's great to hear your thoughts. Keep an eye on the Microsoft 365 Roadmap, specifically

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?featureid=25197

Stream Public API's are not expected to come Q4 CY2020. That is some time away, however they are definitely coming. It will be great to have you move past the point you are now and not have this issue again. I feel the urgency on this one too.

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard 

Hi everyone!

Do you have an updated roadmap? I need so much this API or any way to download Stream videos via script or code.

All concurrent video conferencing tools are able to provide video APIs.

Best regards,

Bruno

The roadmap item now has a status of canceled -- "This item is being removed, as it is redundant with Microsoft Stream's new capabilities."

@akrouskop 

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the MS stream info but if it the api is now redundant which api can we use.
Does anyone know more regarding the stream api? If someone from stream team can answer this question that would be great

Thanks in Advance

I think the answer here is that Microsoft would prefer that we continue to use Vimeo and YouTube :lol:

@webdes03 

We have had so many positive experiences with Microsoft over recent years but support for Video services is certainly not one of them.

I have reviewed the conflicting messages and content Microsoft have provided around the migration path from Office 365 Video to Stream over the last three years and the quality of communication and level of support we have received as a customer around O365 video has been incredibly poor. We are experiencing daily issues with O365 Video and very poor support around solving those issues and also migrating our content out of O365 Video.  

I understand technologies and priorities change but Microsoft should do more to help people migrate from burning platforms. O365 Video is in my experience is currently a burning platform. 

MS Stream team do you have any API that we can use in order to fetch some basic info about videos? It's currently end od 2020 and you have a product inside Office 365 with no API. I hope that will changed in Q1 od 2021. 

@Christopher Hoard Is there any update to this now?

Was an API ever created for Microsoft Stream?

If not, what made it redundant?

Hope we get an answer on this one from Microsoft team in charge
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by vish888 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi,

It is on the roadmap. Updated in March to say CY Q2 2020 on the Microsoft 365 Roadmap

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=In%20development&searchterms=Strea...

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris

View solution in original post