SOLVED

How to organise videos in channel?

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I'm exploring Stream for the use case of researchgroups storing videomaterial, like videos of interviews, focusgroups or observations. Depending on the project, this could be a large number of videos. The researchproject collaborates within a group.

Is there a handy way to organise the videos within the group? I don't see something like subfolders (/subchannel), or filters on keywords. Or is the only way to use some sort of convention for the titles of the files?

Any suggestions are appreciated,

Jan

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Jan Balje (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Have you seen this yet - Overview of groups & channels.  Group channels could be an option.

"Groups in Microsoft Stream are both a way to organize videos and to control access to videos. Groups allow you to define a set of owners and members of a group. Each group gets its own mini video portal, with a highlights page showing trending and new content within the group. You can even further organize your group's videos by creating channels within the group. You can put a video into one or several groups to help viewers find it more easily."

Excellent, channels within groups was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Jan Balje (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Have you seen this yet - Overview of groups & channels.  Group channels could be an option.

"Groups in Microsoft Stream are both a way to organize videos and to control access to videos. Groups allow you to define a set of owners and members of a group. Each group gets its own mini video portal, with a highlights page showing trending and new content within the group. You can even further organize your group's videos by creating channels within the group. You can put a video into one or several groups to help viewers find it more easily."

View solution in original post