Highest video quality poorer than source

Copper Contributor

I uploaded an 88MB MP4 meeting recording from Skype for Business to Stream and noticed a loss of video quality (blurrier picture).

Max quality for this video on Stream is 720p-294Kbps quality (by comparison the source video bitrate is higher 398kbps). 

I see original video is stored as I can download it (it seems this option is only for the uploader, not viewer, too bad) and confirm the file are identical so something is going on during the upload with highest quality not equal to that of original file.

It may be a blocker for us in our company as we are considering moving to Stream to share training videos/meeting recordings instead of using our network file share but we need to be able to get the original quality. This is particularly important when doing screen sharing of our applications in a training video where the user needs to clearly see all the details on the screen.

1 Reply

I have found this to be the case too.  I uploaded a high-res video, and the playback quality is awful.  Changing the quality from Auto (whatever this is set at) to the highest option (1080p-5.8Mbps) makes no difference at all.  Can tthis please be investigated?