SOLVED

Hiding transcripts

Brass Contributor

I have a number of large videos from a two day conference and the transcripts are completely rubbish, I don't want to have to go through and edit every single one of them I have tried hiding the transcript via the settings but it only hides it temporarily and then it reappears when I next look at the video. Is there a permanently way to hide the transcripts on these videos or is this something to do with my permissions - I'm a stream admin but not a tenant admin.  

6 Replies

Hi @Sita_ICGAM

I have tested this afternoon in a test tenant and could resolve it. Please follow the steps.

1.) Log into the Stream portal

2.) Find the video (either through discovery or your video) and edit in admin mode

3.) Make sure Captions are unchecked (as shown below) in the right hand box.

4.) Save and exit admin mode

CaptionsUnchecked.PNG

The transcript will disappear from the video.

Hope that helps and let me know how you get on. If I have resolved your issue please like this post and set as the solution. If there is anything else you need please let me know. I look forward to answering more of your questions in the future.

Best, Chris

best response confirmed by Sita_ICGAM (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Ironically I had literally just figured that out as your email came through - thank you so much for replying - problem solved.

Hi Chris, do you know by any chance if the transcript feature can be disabled for all new video uploads? Is that possible on tenant level? I'm a Stream admin (not a tenant admin), but I don't see this option in my admin settings. Thanks!! Joris

Hi Joris

Unfortunately, there is no ability to turn this off at the moment in the tenant level. I have looked through the Admin settings and the tenant settings.

May be a good idea to look through the Ideas section on the Stream Forum and see if there is a uservoice. If not, I would recommend raising one.

Best, Chris
A tenant wide setting to disable transcript is still not available. User Voice entry is: https://office365.uservoice.com/forums/273493-office-365-admin/suggestions/37477582-turn-off-transcr...
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Sita_ICGAM (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Ironically I had literally just figured that out as your email came through - thank you so much for replying - problem solved.

View solution in original post