SOLVED

Facial Recognition from what source?

Iron Contributor
Where does Stream "look up" peoples faces from ? We don't have exchange online turned on so what would happen if there are no images? Will this feature be hidden?
4 Replies

@Mandy Clark - Stream does not recognize faces it just detects them. Stream analyzes the video and marks the faces that appear in the video. It also groups the same face in the video and presents a timeline view. Stream does not know who the person is. We are going to be providing a way to tag people in the future but even having Exchange picture is not enough data to be able to recognize faces :).

Hi Vishal sorry I was trying to ask where do the pictures they find get sourced from? We don't have exchange on line turned on in our network so I need to understand where the images if they could be detected were pulled from what's the source? Is it Yammer/ SharePoint Exchange..or all 0365 image collections?
best response confirmed by Vishal Sood (Microsoft)
Solution

@Mandy Clark wrote:
Hi Vishal sorry I was trying to ask where do the pictures they find get sourced from? We don't have exchange on line turned on in our network so I need to understand where the images if they could be detected were pulled from what's the source? Is it Yammer/ SharePoint Exchange..or all 0365 image collections?

Face pictures are pulled directly from the video. After detecting a face, Stream takes that frame from the video and crops that image down to just the face/head.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Vishal Sood (Microsoft)
Solution

@Mandy Clark wrote:

Face pictures are pulled directly from the video. After detecting a face, Stream takes that frame from the video and crops that image down to just the face/head.

View solution in original post