Downloading from MS Streaming on a Mac

Brass Contributor

Microsoft, please why can't I download my video, recorded in Stream, when using my Mac?? It downloads the file as a webm, which then Quicktime says it is not compatible.  Nor can I import it into a video editing program.  This is very frustrating as our university is using Microsoft in abundance, but several staff and students use a Mac.  Need a work around/update quickly please!

Thanks

Marlène

3 Replies

@Marlene69webm is the format screen recordings are saved in Microsoft Stream. Maybe you need a converter to a format your Mac can read. Download the screen recording, convert it and replace the webm with your converted video. On the other hand, why download the video? Is viewing in Stream not possible on a Mac?

@Tomislav Karafilov I was downloading it so I could some editing...

I have found a converter.  We have also discovered that it is when you record your screen using Stream, regardless if you are using Mac or Windows, downloading the recording will be in the webm format.

@Tomislav Karafilov another reason that someone may want to download a video from Stream is that the person might want to share said video with other people who are not part of the organization of the creator. For example, hosting videos in Stream isn't very helpful for parents or guardians in our school since parents and guardians do not have log ins for our Stream. If Microsoft would build functionality for public sharing of videos in Stream, it would help to solve this particular problem.