Company wide access to Videos not loading

Brass Contributor

Hello! I have a vast library of company tutorials in Stream. First-time logins to Stream shows it as empty.

1. When a new hire logs in for the first time, it can take hours for videos to show up.
  2. The Trending video shows in the header, but the videos and channels are empty.
  3. It was taking a couple of hours, now I have a new hire that it's been over 24 hours and still no videos. Any ideas?
10 Replies

@JCURRY  This only happens for new created accounts or even for existing ones?

Yes, all users. I tested this with one of our IT people, who has had his Microsoft 365 account for over a year, but never logged into Stream. He logged into Stream and had the same issue. The featured video shows up in the top section, but under Content > Videos is blank, as is Content > Channels. So there is a lag for all users, not just new users to the system.

@Tomislav Karafilov 

@JCURRY  Hmmm, sounds like a problem on Stream side. Try upload a small video globally and turn on "Everyone in the company can see the video". See if it is visible for an other account. If not, send the video URL and open the video directly. If this is also not visible, than there is somewhere a bug Microsoft has to look at.

I've done that, many of the videos are public. Sigh.

Many of my videos are org-wide. That's not the issue, seems it's a Microsoft bug. @Tomislav Karafilov 

@JCURRY I have an issue right now where videos are being presented as public, even when set correctly as private (or Teams meetings that were recorded).  I just opened a ticket on it, because this is a big issue for us.

Can you direct me to where I would open a ticket? Thanks.

@Dustin Halvorson 

just in the office 365 admin portal.

@Dustin Halvorson Please check the default video permission in the admin settings. It should be set to "Specific groups and people" instead of "Everyone in your company".  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/stream/default-video-permissions

The videos have been set at companywide for sometime. Every single person that has logged onto Stream for the past year has been able to see the videos within one hour of logging in The videos have been set at companywide for sometime. Every single person that has logged onto Stream for the past year has been able to see the videos within one hour of logging in. now no one this week that logged in for the first time is able to see those videos.

I do have a button in a share point site directing people to the channel, for some reason when they use that button it works. They also can see the icons in the stream web parts on that share point site.