SOLVED

Can't access Microsoft Stream

Copper Contributor

Hi There! 

With an Office 365 E1 license being activated for my user I still can't access Microsoft Stream at all.
Basically what I want is to download/manage recorded Teams video calls. 
1. When I open this page: https://www.office.com/apps?auth=2
There is the Microsoft Stream icon. When I click on it, it tries to sign in into Stream (I already logged in anyway) but I get an error message
"Sorry, but we’re having trouble signing you in.

AADSTS90015: Requested query string is too long."

Request Id: 07550297-5d63-42cb-a2f6-db085f450400
Correlation Id: ddd15f60-bb36-45ea-adfe-d3f37b6ef771
Timestamp: 2020-03-22T22:49:03Z

2. After recording a video call in Teams (windows 10 app), I can see the recorded video within the channel chat. I can play it but theres no way to download it. Ther is a ... button on the video with opens up a list of command. There is a 'Open in Microsoft Stream' - but when I click on it, it opens a webpage, tries to sign me in and I get a (different) error message> 
"

Sorry, but we’re having trouble signing you in.

AADSTS50196: The server terminated an operation because it encountered a client request loop. Please contact your app vendor."

Request Id: bcd48fbf-6711-42cb-a7c3-06922a520400
Correlation Id: 0eb3bc36-7d68-4b92-884f-4d7cec9631f8
Timestamp: 2020-03-22T22:54:02Z
Message: AADSTS50196: The server terminated an operation because it encountered a client request loop. Please contact your app vendor.

So that's why I'm here now.

Could you help me please?
Zsombor

ps.> I tried to get support with the Get Help windows 10 app. The app forwarded me to Microsoft Office Support, I had a chat with a support guy but he forwarded me to here... 

Is there a way to get chat support? Currently we pay for a service what we can't use at all...
5 Replies

@-Zsombor- 

Does anybody knows where could I get support from MS to be able to sign in into Microsoft Stream - as I have an active license but I get an error on sign-in? 

For example, I bet I should be able to log into this page> 

https://web.microsoftstream.com/

but I get this

"

Sorry, but we’re having trouble signing you in.

AADSTS90015: Requested query string is too long.
"

I can't find any other support contact on the web / and I can't get an answer here. :( 

best response confirmed by Saili Raje (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi, usually the best way to get specific technical support is opening a service request, so the particulars  can be investigated, this can be done online or via phone, this is aimed at administrators typically who manage Office 365 for their organisation:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/admin/contact-support-for-business-products 

@Cian Allner

Thank you for your support.

FInally I opened a support ticket and it turned out the Stream website login has a problem with the new Edge with Chromium.  

To find the Azure data center for your Stream tenant:

In Stream, click ? in the upper right corner.

Select About Microsoft Stream.

View the information in Your data is stored in.

After you find out the Azure data center for your Stream tenant, find the corresponding IP ranges in the XML file above, and then update your firewall/proxy with the specific IP ranges for your data center. As the XML file changes you'll need to update your firewall/proxy settings as well.

I set up a new computer and was immediately plagued with AADSTS50196 and could not access anything M"t. Through persistence and luck I managed to find old account info and from that page I deleted old phone # (password change required) and enter correct # (another password change required.) I now sign in and access M't easily.

My thinking is that when the M't system encountered conflicting data it rejected both because computer systems cannot determine which is true and which is not true.

I hope this provides some insight into your proble and it is my hope that this will be of use to those who seem to have chronic problems with this issue

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Saili Raje (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi, usually the best way to get specific technical support is opening a service request, so the particulars  can be investigated, this can be done online or via phone, this is aimed at administrators typically who manage Office 365 for their organisation:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/admin/contact-support-for-business-products 

View solution in original post