Any Method to post a banner in Microsoft Stream

Copper Contributor

Hi Folks,

I am performing an Office 365 tenant to tenant migration. Microsoft stream is also part of it. So, during migration I would like to inform the users that the current tenant is being moved. Even though  there will be communications regarding this via emails, I would like this to be shown in the stream dashboard. Is there any way to achieve this?  The spotlight video does not serve my purpose since after changing the content upload permission it will appear only for unrestricted users (in my case admins). Any helpful thoughts will be much appreciated.

Thank You. 

3 Replies

@robinrbn -We don't have any way to put a banner or message at the top of Stream other than the spotlight video. Why doesn't having a spot light video or several at the top accomplish what you want? I didn't follow your issue about unrestricted users. 

Thanks for the reply @Marc Mroz . I will elaborate the issue with spotlight. During Migration I'll be restricting video uploads and company wide channel creation to one or two admins. After this action, it seems that only these unrestricted users(admins) can see the spotlight video.

An update on this issue: Restricting video upload only and not the company wide channel creation will enable all users to view the spotlight in streams dashboard. So I hope that will solve my issue.

Thank You.

Restricting companywide channel creation should not affect people seeing the spotlight videos. I'm not sure how or why that could happen. You might want to put in a support request to investigate.