Analytics on Stream Videos

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I was wondering is it possible to see Analytics on Stream (similar to what you would with Office Mix). I work with a lot of teachers that use Office Mix and I am trying to have alternatives for them such as record using Recording Tab in PowerPoint, upload as video to Stream and then proceed as you usually did. The analytics are a real game changer for teachers.

Thanks,

Amanda 

12 Replies

I agree!! I am about to host a training for Mix... and now with this coming update not sure if all of the features will still be there.

We'll start in Stream with basic set of stats in the coming several months. (Similar to what is offered in O365 Video already today).

• # of views trend over time.
  • # of unique users trend over time
  • Which part of the video is viewed more / not at all (drop off chart)

After that we'll look at going deeper.

You can add your votes / comments to the following ideas:

@Marc Mroz do you have a more precise timeline of when these stats are coming? I have a Mix being accessed by over 2000 people and need to have the analytics as is available in Mix to mark them off as having completed the training.

@Sam Hegarty - Sorry we don't have a more precise timeline to offer at this time. Have basic level viewer/views trend and drop off chart for a video will likely come first and after that we are investigating options around having more Mix like deeper stats. We are looking at potentially both of those this year but since we don't have developers actively writing code it's hard to give a more precise timeline.

It has been over 9 months, what is the current status?

Eleven months now. Any news?

Can we please get an update as to when the analytics are coming on Stream? 

@Sbtownshend @Colin Miller On Microsoft Roadmap, it is stated as current in development, and aimed release Q1 CY2020

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=Microsoft%20Stream

estimate changed to Q2 CY2020

Now it's Q3 2020

@Matthew Burkhart  i am afraid it is still 2019 :)

@Petr Bartoš 

Is analytics available now in Stream? If yes how to see that.

Please help !!