Users asked to sign in to view videos when part of a specified group with MS Teams

Copper Contributor

Query: Staff are being asked to sign in using their enterprise account when viewing Stream content within Teams, even though the account is the same used across the organization. Is there a way to turn this off, or auto-login . It does this for Teams, so i would assume it would automatically log the user in for any other associated 365 applications?!?

4 Replies

I'm having this issue as well. Turning off sign-in requirement or at the very least have auto-login available would be nice. All our corporate users are signed into their enterprise accounts when using other applications. Stream should detect this and bypass sign-in.

Thanks @Joe Togo @Deleted for your messages.  This is a known issue, and we are working on getting this to work seemlessly in the Teams App as it does in the browser experience.  This is a little more complicated than it may seem because of how security and auth work in the browser, however, we are actively working on a solution to ensure that security is maintained and you are able to automatically sign in.  Thanks for your patience in advanced.

Thanks Amit, cheers for the heads up

Hi,

I am having the same issue as well, I have embed the stream video in SharePoint
I have tried to look for alternative ways around this  issue;
-Like setting the video to auto-play on the stream webpart
-Adding stream and SharePoint as trusted sites in IE.

Are there any concrete solutions offered ?