SOLVED

Teams recording playback has audio for others but not me

Copper Contributor

In a teams call I can see/be seen and can hear/be heard perfectly well.  However when I record a teams call, the playback for me has no audio.  Other colleagues can hear the audio fine, so the recording HAS captured it.  How can I hear perfectly well via the laptop during the call then have no audio from the playback? 

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Sando_UK (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Never heard that one before. No additional hardware involved? What if you play a random .mp4 file, do you hear it then? Could be some driver related issue too. If you haven't already try removing and reinstall Teams as well.

@ChristianJBergstrom Thanks for this Christian.  I tried an MP4 as you suggested and couldn't hear that either.  So I tried a headset and managed to get the sound through that (which hadn't previously worked on a live teams call itself but now does?!).  So although the mic and speakers in the laptop work fine for teams calls, I just can't seem to get pre-recorded sound played back direct from my laptop.  Very strange, but at least I have a workaround and can use a headset in all instances now.  So the problem does appear to be a laptop one so I'll reach out to my helpdesk.  Thanks again for the advice.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Sando_UK (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Never heard that one before. No additional hardware involved? What if you play a random .mp4 file, do you hear it then? Could be some driver related issue too. If you haven't already try removing and reinstall Teams as well.

View solution in original post