SOLVED

Stream Video owners and content

Iron Contributor
Two questions I just wanted to find out what happens if an owner of video content is deleted or leaves the Company will the video content disappear as well or will videos stay associated to the group to which it has been assigned or if a video in a public channel still stay without the owner still being in the Company? 2. What happens if you reassign an owner via permissions in Stream and then delete the original owner will the content disappear after 30 days?? See attached example with Temp user was owner and now deleted - I think it might be ok?
7 Replies
best response confirmed by Mandy Clark (Iron Contributor)
Solution

We don't automatically delete videos after a user is deleted/leaves the company. The videos are all "owned" by the tenant. So they'll remain in Stream in the groups/permissions assigned to them. The Stream admin has rights over all videos to go make changes as they need to after the original owner is gone.

Any additional owners added via permissions will be full owners of the video even after the original uploader is gone.

Thanks for that info very useful

What if the user decides not to share the video with the organisation, but he/she just shares the link with some people.... (so no groups assigned...). Is that video also safe from being deleted when the users account is deleted?

thanks!

@R. Jong wrote:

What if the user decides not to share the video with the organisation, but he/she just shares the link with some people.... (so no groups assigned...). Is that video also safe from being deleted when the users account is deleted?

thanks!

Yes we don't delete any videos when a user leaves. We treat all videos uploaded to Stream as property of the tenant and as such we leave videos in the system to be able to be viewed by others.

As we are on the subject of owners. If someone is added as an owner of a video should that content appear under their content? It does not appear to presently. Ideally, they should right. Alternatively, how does a user most efficiently find videos that they have been given shared ownership of? At the moment we are advising people to simply search for their name under discovery @Marc Mroz 

@Simon Bromfield Same exact question. There is no way to my knowledge to "view all videos you own" when someone else is the original uploader - very hard to find all content.

+1. I'm also trying to update the display owner to be another colleague, as I am no longer the owner of the content. How can I remove myself? How can I remove others who have left the organization from showing as the owner?
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Mandy Clark (Iron Contributor)
Solution

We don't automatically delete videos after a user is deleted/leaves the company. The videos are all "owned" by the tenant. So they'll remain in Stream in the groups/permissions assigned to them. The Stream admin has rights over all videos to go make changes as they need to after the original owner is gone.

Any additional owners added via permissions will be full owners of the video even after the original uploader is gone.

View solution in original post