Set Default Language for all users

Silver Contributor

How can we set the default language for video transcripts for all users?

We want to provide the ability for people to record meetings in Teams and get a transcript with the least amount of effort. Currently, each user needs to set the default language in Stream so that they can get a transcript made for their recorded meeting. This is far from optimal

3 Replies

@Dean Gross Just piping in here to "second your emotion". Totally agree and I got to you post because I was looking for a global setting of some kind where I could minimally make my own videos default to English for the language (still looking for that).

But most ideal would be a setting somewhere in our company account where it could be set for all Teams videos so I don't have to train everyone to set it and then remind them where to do the thing I trained them on.

PS: Also need the ability to select and mass-update several videos' language setting at a time (and other functions, like deleting more than one video at a time, for example). Can't figure out how to do that in current UI.

@Dean Gross Did anybody come up with an answer to this? The default process is far from ideal