Roadmap additional language support for generating transcripts

Copper Contributor

Hi

Is there a roadmap available for additional languages for generating transcripts? We are particulary interested in Dutch and French, however other languages are interesting as well.

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Gerry

10 Replies

We do have it on our roadmap to add speech to text transcripts for more languages as of right now we only support English/Spanish.

I don't know when we'll get to this item I'm hoping well have time for it later this year.

We'll be switching from the v1 indexer to the v2 indexer when it's reached O365 Tier C compliance. The languages it supports are the follows. Unfortunately Dutch is not one of those languages supported yet.

English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese (Mandarin, Simplified), Portuguese, Arabic, Russian, and Japanese

When do you expect to have these done; Can we make plans for phasing in Microsoft Stream with German, French indexing capabilities in the next 2 Month?

As I mentioned above, I don't know when exactly we'll get to adding more languages to Stream. I'm hoping later this year Q3/Q4, but I'm not sure if we'll be free to do this work. For sure it's not coming in the next 2 months, sorry.

Adding support for german would be very nice. We're using Stream for a while now but as expected, with german video content. Looking forward to hear something about newly added language support.

@Marc Mroz 

any update on this one? I do not find any information on the Microsoft 365 Roadmap page at all.

@Gerry Laenen are there any news on the other languages?

Is there any further update on this yet?

Great news @Emanuel van der Aalst Thanks for the heads up!