Mystery with Stream-Users cant see upload video and create channel is missing for sometime.

Copper Contributor

Lask week, we have complaints received from customers, they were not able to see upload video and create channel were missing under 'Create' tab in Stream for sometime.

Do we have any open issues from MicroSoft on this.

20 Replies

Is this still an issue for your users or did the issue correct it self since last week?

If so can you send us the info from ? > About Microsoft Stream, the Session ID and where your data is located?

I just looked through our open and resolved issues for Stream and didn't see anything that looked like it was related. I'll check with some of our on call engineers and see if they know if we had or have a related issue going on.

So we did some more digging and this issue does sound like an issue we found and fixed in the last few weeks. One of the data centers got the patch as of 1/18/2018. 

So it's possible it was your data center that got the patch last.

Questions...

- Is this still happening?

- If it is can you give us your ? > About MS Stream > Session ID and where data is stored

- Is it all users or just some users? If it's some users can you give us the domain those users are from (@contoso.com)

Hello Marc,

Thanks for your reply, We had the issue last week and now some users got access back and they can able to see upload video function again. but still some users are not able to see, because they were missing in content un-restricted users group in Stream admin center.Still wondering how these users were removed from the group.

Ramesh

Hey Marc,

Do you know if this problem has been solved? It seems that some of our users are still missing the upload button while other don't. 

Our data is stored on North Europe and the session ID of a user missing the upload button is:

90fd487e-ee2e-430f-a0b7-c51a9b365ffa. version of stream 1.0.995.2

thanks

gerrit

As far as I know we don't have any other known issues on the Stream service side that would cause issues here. We fixed the bug we introduced a long while back.

We hide the Create > upload a video button in Stream only under these 2 cases:

1. If the user is restricted from uploading via the Stream admin setting. 

If you've restricted who can upload into Stream via the Stream admin setting. Only the users who are on the "unrestricted users" list for uploads should see the upload button, everyone else will not see the upload button.

2. If the user has a kiosk (K) or front line (F) license.

These users will not see the upload button as only full E1-E5 or Stream P1/P2 licenses have ability to upload.

Have you confirmed the above 2 things?

I am having a similar issue.  A colleague is able to use and upload stream.  I cannot although from the Admin side, it appears we have identical settings.  I can create a group, but when I choose the Create tab, all I see is create group.  

Screen Shot 2018-03-09 at 8.37.58 AM.png

Version 1.0.995.2
Session ID 496ecbdc-4ead-4892-90eb-2fc56698ccee
Your data is stored in East US

@Jesse Darcy @Gerrit Huurman - Can you confirm that the users with this issue have a valid license and aren't restricted in Stream admin settings (see when we hide the upload button below)?

I opened up an ticket on our side to have one of our on call engineers pull logs against your session IDs, but if you could confirm the above on your side in parallel that will help.

We hide the Create > upload a video button in Stream only under these 2 cases:

1. If the user is restricted from uploading via the Stream admin setting. 

If you've restricted who can upload into Stream via the Stream admin setting. Only the users who are on the "unrestricted users" list for uploads should see the upload button, everyone else will not see the upload button.

2. If the user has a kiosk (K) or front line (F) license.

These users will not see the upload button as only full E1-E5 or Stream P1/P2 licenses have ability to upload.

Hello,

i had the same Problem. I would advise you to try an other Browser. For me it doesn´t work on chrome only with IE.

I hope i could help.

Kind Regards

Can you please explain where to find the Stream admin center ? I don't see it and my account is a global admin. I have added one user in our organisation as an owner for a group. He however cannot see the upload button in stream

I'm having this issue. The create tab is missing although got license to the full Office 365 suite. I can see the create tab though from an admin account. This has worked for me before but not anymore.

OK, found it. Log as as Admin into Stream then Stream Admin Settings --> Content creation --> Restrict Content Creation is turned on by default.

I am also experiencing this issue. Users are licensed for E3, but having two different experiences. One can upload videos, one cannot upload videos. I have checked the admin settings and restrictions are not enabled. 

Is there a case where the user can see the +Create menu, and its "Group" and "Channel" choices, but no "Upload" choice. What is needed to grant the "Upload" function?

PS is sorry if not the same with the original question, but I thought it's the same issue. 

Your Stream Admin needs to allow for users to upload video content.  This can be found under Admin Settings -> Content Creation -> Restrict Video Uploads

i can t see recording screen in stream 

We don't have a way to record your screen directly from Stream.

You need to use a tool like the "Recording" tab in PowerPoint or some other 3rd party screen recording tool, then make a video and upload it to Stream.

I'm also seeing this issue with a user, who ironically has to upload a lot of videos. So, this is affecting us a lot.

She cannot see the "Drag files here, or browse to upload" option. She is also an owner of the Group. 

The rest is not affected by this.

Was this resolved?

Is the concept of MS Stream really like that you have to give the rights to upload a Video in generall for the whole MS Stream environment in our tenant?

Can it not be set that an owner of a MS Stream group is able to do so?

@Chanaka Palliyaguru This is happening for one of our users today, so I'm wondering if there was ever a solution for you?