MS Stream videos showing up as "Preview Unavailable" on Yammer posts

Copper Contributor

We used to post MS Stream video to Yammer and a video player would show up inline with the post right in Yammer. As of recent if we try and post a Stream link it shows up as "Preview Unavailable" and instead the link takes you directly to Stream and plays the video from there. Has there been a change with incorporating videos directly into Yammer or am I completely missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance!

12 Replies

I'm having the same issue. Not all videos. I've even tried reuploading the video. Checked privacy settings (all company) and tried sharing to Yammer directly from Stream rather than just pasting the link.

@SamNZ @andy4quarts  - Is this still a problem? If it is can you open up a support ticket to the Yammer team to have them investigate? 

@Marc Mroz still seems to be a problem, but I only have one example of a particular video. I also noticed as soon as I click Post, it kicks me back to the Yammer homepage with URL: https://www.yammer.com/~company~/?autoplay=false?app=yammer#/home?autoplay=false?app=yammer rather than the group I posted in with the new post.

@SamNZ  - If you could open a support ticket to the Yammer team I'm sure we can investigate.

To follow up on this, I contacted MPS, and through troubleshooting found that this issue happens if you use a "www.microsoftstream.com" URL instead of "web.microsoftstream.com", so if you navigate to stream manually by typing microsoftstream.com, it will direct you to www and you'll encounter this problem with Yammer. If you change the www to web, it will work, regardless of suffix on the URL. Apparently a global fix is in the works to be implemented, but I wasn't given any reference or timeframe.

@SamNZThanks for your reply! It was working fine for a couple of months and recently is happening again. It happens with either "www" or "web". This is the url it gives us when we share the video from Stream: https://web.microsoftstream.com/video/c26e.......

@andy4quarts I'm currently having this issue as well.  It doesn't matter if it's web or www. 

same here. does not work neither with www, nor with web

Yammer fail.GIF

Same problem when "sharing" with Yammer from Streams, even long after it has been processed.

@andy4quarts 

@Marc Mroz @andy4quarts @SamNZ

Hi, same problem here. I tried www and web both in vain ...
Since the last time have you found a solution? Thank you in advance for you help

@Blrip  I have the same issue. The preview in yammer does not work and community users have to click on the microsoft stream link to watch the video. What is the update on this issue?

@andy4quarts I tried this and it works for me: the first thing you paste into the Yammer text input box is the video link to Stream. Next, let the preview load fully to display the video preview. Try clicking it to ensure it really works. Then insert the rest of your post text message and hit 'post' to publish. I'd be keen to know if this works for you.