How long should we wait for trimming to process before giving up?

Brass Contributor

After performing a trim of a video, say a 1 hour presentation, how much time should we expect it to take?

4 Replies

Hi @Will Findlay - This processing time varies significantly and depends on several factors, but typically we expect it could take 1 hour to trim a 1 hour long video.  So processing time is roughly as long as the video is long.  During this time, the video is getting shortened and then re-encoded into many bit rates for streaming.  If your trim is taking significantly longer than that, please let us know what the URL to the video is?

@garrettbronner 

Thanks. The URL is https://web.microsoftstream.com/video/b67f9394-ea5f-452e-808e-2b36e3fd3a4b

It looks like it should be done now, but when I try to view it I get this error [Update: in Chrome 79.0.3945.130 (Official Build(64-bit) (cohort: Stable)]:

problemloading.jpg

In Internet Explorer it just hangs on the poster frame.

Thank you @Will Findlay for the info.  I filed an incident that we will investigate.  

Hi @Will Findlay, thanks again for reaching out and notifying us of the issue. We are currently investigating the issue.  In most cases, this remedies itself quickly, but in cases where a network caching is setup in your organization, it may take longer to recover.  At this time, it is best to wait for the cache to clear.  If this is still not working, another option might be to download the video and re-upload it as a new video.  Apologies for the inconvenience.