SOLVED

How can I create a Channel meeting from Outlook?

Copper Contributor

With the impending (August 16th) cut-over for where Teams meetings are being recorded, we are trying to pull together some last-minute best-practice guidance.

Obviously with the upcoming change, channel meetings are by far the preferred way of handling meetings. I would say that within our organization, 95% of meetings are ad-hoc, meaning that whoever clicks the record button in the meeting becomes the owner of that meeting in it will be stored in their OneDrive, argh!

To create a channel meeting, there are a couple of ways, but both involve being in Teams when you do it. Most of our users are more comfortable with Outlook and looking for an Outlook-centric solution. 

The ways I know how to create a channel meeting, (calling it a Teams meeting is a misnomer since you can only do it within a channel): In the channel click Meet Now or Schedule a Meeting, on Teams calendar create a new meeting and choose the channel to associate it with.

What am I missing, why can we NOT do this from Outlook?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by ChristianJBergstrom (MVP)
Solution
Hi, simply because it's not supported to schedule a channel meeting from Outlook (today at least).

@ChristianJBergstrom I was afraid that may still be the case. Add my vote to, "we really need to be able to do this". ;) 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ChristianJBergstrom (MVP)
Solution
Hi, simply because it's not supported to schedule a channel meeting from Outlook (today at least).

View solution in original post