SOLVED

Error code 0x20200259

Brass Contributor

Hi

I have uploaded a couple of video's and when I go to play them back I get the following message:

It looks like there's a problem. Please try again or contact support (Error code 0x20200259)

One of the files is .mov and the other is .mp4  are these allowed formats?

Thanks

Jason

29 Replies
ok ignore this message, as soon as I posted I checked again and they both worked, I guess that there must be a delay after I uploaded. :)
best response confirmed by Jason Denness (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Glad it's working for you now. Not sure what issue you were seeing intially.  If you run into problems again let us know. If you send us a screenshot it might help us see what's going on.

We have the supported video formats documented here (or there is a link in product at the bottom of the upload page): https://stream.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/stream-formats/

And upload error codes documented here: https://stream.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/stream-portal-understanding-playback-errors/

Thanks for the links, very useful info

@Marc Mroz

We're having/had/having a similar issue today. Slightly different error codes (0x20200258, 0x20200194, etc), but all with same basic issue. See video of the issue below.

It was working fine previously. Same experience in multiple browsers. 1 out of 10 tries may start playing, but even then will eventually fail mid-play after 30-45 seconds. This is true for existing videos and new videos (all .mp4 originally).

Most frustratingly, the link to 'contact support' is to a page that doesn't exist with no other info. The links you gave would be helpful there, but they really don't explain the problem (and some of our error codes aren't listed there). Is there something larger happening?

@Bill Blais - Would you be able to send us a fiddler trace (with HTTPS decrypted) as you try and play a video and it fails? If you could also send us the info from ? > About Microsoft Stream, we can start looking into what's happening. (You can send me a private message here on the MS Tech Community).

I'll also log into some demo test tenants and see if I can reproduce the issue on my end as well. 

So sorry you are having issues. 

I just got in contact with our engineering team, there is a sev2 issue affecting Azure Media Services (which is used under the covers in Stream). On call engineers are investigating the issue right now to determine the root cause and how to mitigate/fix the issue. 

So no need for the traces / info, it looks like there is an underlying escalation affecting playback at this point in time. So sorry for the issues. We'll let you know more as we have it.

Most frustratingly, the link to 'contact support' is to a page that doesn't exist with no other info. The links you gave would be helpful there, but they really don't explain the problem (and some of our error codes aren't listed there). Is there something larger happening?

In additon I filed a bug on our side to address that "Contact support" link not going anywhere.

Thanks @Marc Mroz. Is there a place for more pro-active notifications of such issues? Even if they're not affecting everyone, it would be good to have a place to check to see if there are any disruptions. Perhaps through an admin panel? Anyway, thanks for digging into it and looking forward to hearing what the issue is.

Excellent!

@Bill Blais wrote:

Thanks @Marc Mroz. Is there a place for more pro-active notifications of such issues? Even if they're not affecting everyone, it would be good to have a place to check to see if there are any disruptions. Perhaps through an admin panel? Anyway, thanks for digging into it and looking forward to hearing what the issue is.

We are still identifying a process for how we can do pro-active notification of issues like this. We are looking into the O365 Service Health Dashboard, etc. Untill then feel free to come here and post on the forum for us to look at and answer.

Thanks, Marc. Glad to hear it's on the radar.

And everything seems to be okay, today. No long waits or failed plays so far. Any info about the cause?

Hello Marc,

I tried to upload a new video and I encounter the same issue (Error code 0x20200259). Same error occurred for the existing videos.

Is there any update from engineering team about the sev2 issue?

We have the same issue after uploading an MP4 video. Could it be a timeout problem as the video size is 650mb? It works on some clients but not on all.

@Nicola Legittimo wrote:

We have the same issue after uploading an MP4 video. Could it be a timeout problem as the video size is 650mb? It works on some clients but not on all.

@Nicola Legittimo - Can you give us more information on what exactly is happening?

Is this what is happening?

You uploaded an MP4 650mb video. It got processed and it was ready to play. However when you try and play the video on some devices/browsers it works and on other devices/browsers it doesn't?

Can you give specifics on when it plays and when it doesn't? Is it random? Is it on specific OS/Browsers? Does it only happen when on your internal corporate network vs being on a normal internet connection (like at home)?

What does the error say?

If possible could you get the following....

- A Fiddle Trace (with HTTPS decrypted) of an occurrence when you can't play the video

- When you can't play the video get the information from ? > About Stream, so we know your data center and the session ID of the user having the problem.

So sorry you are running into problems. Hoping we can get to the bottom of your issue.

Accessed Stream for the first time today . I'm seeing this error code displayed when I click on the sample videos.

It looks like there might be a known issue?

Is there a known solution for this, or standard reason why this code is being displayed?

Update: I was able to upload a video (a .wmv) , once processing had completed , I clicked on the video , it played for less than a second and then through an error with the same code but a longer error message "..a network error..etc."

Regards,

Colm

@Deleted - I just tried to reproduce this and I'm not able to.

Here are the only things I can think of to check...

Does your organization have a proxy where you only allow certain URLs through? Maybe the URLs where we stream our videos from is blocked in your company? Here is the list of all the URLs you need to whitelist: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Office-365-URLs-and-IP-address-ranges-8548a211-3fe7-47cb-abb1-355ea5aa88a2#bkmk_video

Have you tried a different browser? What OS/Browser are you trying this on?

Hi,

Many thanks for your email.

Indeed, the issue seems to be related to the company network.

I had no difficulty viewing the same video when connected from my home machine/network.

Best regards,

Colm

yo tengo el mismo problema como lo soluciono por favor

@Marc Mroz 

Estimado

Reciba un cordial saludo.

yo tengo el mismo error  0x20200259 al acceder a los videos de reuniones de microsoft teams..

se adjunta la imagen del error.

error_video.jpg

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Jason Denness (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Glad it's working for you now. Not sure what issue you were seeing intially.  If you run into problems again let us know. If you send us a screenshot it might help us see what's going on.

We have the supported video formats documented here (or there is a link in product at the bottom of the upload page): https://stream.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/stream-formats/

And upload error codes documented here: https://stream.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/stream-portal-understanding-playback-errors/

View solution in original post