Dropdown list values in videos aren't being captured

Copper Contributor

Just started using Stream and did my 1st video.  In reviewing it I noticed the dropdown's I was clicking on didnt display the values in those dropdowns so users won't see those options.

Are there settings to fix this?

6 Replies

@robflemingWhat did you use to record your video? Can you share the exact Setup so I can rebuild it on my side. Did you use the integrated recording tool with recording a window or a screen? Try recording the screen, not only a window.

@Tomislav KarafilovI'm using the Stream platform, just started too.  There isn't much configuration to do except deciding which browser tab to record.

It's basically Create > Record Screen > choose your tab

While recording if I click on a dropdown on the screen, I see the values in that dropdown while I'm recording but those values don't display when I rewatch the recording.

@robflemingIn the recorded Chrome tab I had a SharePoint Online list with a drop down. Worked well. Did you record a Microsoft 365 tool/service or something else?

I know this is an old thread but I had this issue too still. If you try to capture just a browser tab or application, the dropdown values won't appear in the video. You have to instead screen capture the entire desktop. Once you start recording, if you only want to record a web page, just maximize that web browser/page to fill your desktop, and then recordings of dropdown values will capture.

@robfleming this is STILL an issue 3.5 years later.  Too bad.... I had such high hopes for making quality training videos for web tools that I've designed and programmed.  Maybe Microsoft will read our comments sometime in the future and make the recording capture everything that happens on the screen like so many other software companies have been able to do for many years.  I have confidence that this will happen one day.

Thanks for sharing that. Not the best solution (maybe I don't want target audience to see my entire desktop), but will work for some.