Bug with stream webpart on sharepoint site shown as tab in teams

Brass Contributor

So, I'm not sure if this belongs in the Stream, Sharepoint or Teams forums, but I'll give it a try here!

We're in the process of implementing Office365 in our environment, and have created a team in Teams for support and training.

We're producing instructional videos for Teams (which is our main focus to begin with), and I thought I'd give Stream a try instead of the good ol' youtube.

I've encountered two issues so far:

1) Video does not scale back when returning from full screen when we view videos in a stream tab in Teams.

Steps to reproduce:

• Open stream tab
  • Press play on a video
  • Press button for full screen in the lower right corner, or double click video
  • Exit full screen

Result: Video is still at "full scale", can't see the progress bar or any of the buttons at the bottom of the video. Image below.

Stream tab.JPG

2) Making a stream video go full screen on a SharePoint page in a teams tab just ends up wrong

Steps to reproduce:

• Create a SharePoint page
  • Add stream web part with single video or channel
  • Add created SharePoint page as a tab in Teams
  • Open tab, press play on a video
  • Press full screen button in the lower right corner of video, or double click on video

Result: The whole tab/SharePoint page goes full screen, the video stays at the same size, but the rest fills with black. Image below.

Stream sharepoint.JPG

I tried googling around, but could not find anyone with similar issues.

Any Ideas? Or should we just resort to YouTube for the time being?

0 Replies