Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

Project Sentinel workbooks on SOC TV screens?

Brass Contributor

Hi all, 

We use kiosk computers to show monitoring dashboards etc. on TV screens in our operations room. Is there a good/secure way to display some Sentinel stuff there? For example, I have made a workbook showing all AAD sign-in logs on a map. That would be sweet to project on a screen.

Is this wise or is the product not really made for this kind of SOC-view stuff? Automatic refresh would be a requirement. 

Thanks

/BLsoc.png

5 Replies

@Björn Lagerwall There is no auto-refresh in Azure Sentinel workbooks so you would either need to refresh your page manually or use a 3rd party add-in that will refresh your page periodically.

I believe the data is also cached although I do not know for how long.

Thanks for fast reply, Gary.

I suspected that. Also, login to the dashboard/workbook would have to be sorted as well. A bit of a bummer, really like to have a situational awareness view on TV screens. Also, our bosses likes them nice graphs ;)
You can pin certain Workbook items to a Azure Dashboard which does have auto refresh

@Björn Lagerwall Building on what Clive wrote, Microsoft's Rod Trent just posted a blog post that shows how to pin an entire workbook to a dashboard.

https://secureinfra.blog/2020/07/06/pinning-entire-azure-sentinel-workbooks-to-azure-dashboards/

@Gary Bushey @Rod Trent thanks. Will check it out!