Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community
SOLVED

How to mass apply a playbook to all analytic rules at once?

Brass Contributor

Hi, Can anyone help me if we have any feature to mass apply any playbook to all analytic rules. When I searched for the same, I found this Allow for selection of playbooks to multiple rules at the same time – Customer Feedback for ACE Comm..., which says that this option is in public preview mode, but I couldn't find any option for the same? can anyone help me here?

5 Replies
best response confirmed by printscreen (Brass Contributor)
Solution

HI@printscreen , yes, that option is in preview under a new feature called automation rules. You can sign up for the Sentinel private preview program here: http://aka.ms/securityprp

Regards

hey @Javier Soriano, Is there any option to do Powershell execution to mass apply the playbook to all rules?  I was just messing myself and tried below by uploading a JSON file in CLI and the command will create an analytic rule, and in that, we can add a playbook, which worked perfectly.

Import-AzSentinelAlertRule -WorkspaceName "rg-test" -SettingsFile "alertrule.json"

But, I tried the same way to update by doing Update-AzSentinelAlertRule which didn't work saying as attached snip. Is there any specific rule update command which helps to update the playbook configuration?

@printscreen Yes, it should be possible using Powershell, but you would need to write a script for that (can't do it with a single command). The script could get read the rules in the file one by one and then use Update-AzSentinelAlertRule.

You can also use the "Automation Rules" feature that is currently in private preview.

Regards

I needed to bulk apply a playbook to all of my rules recently, so I wrote a PS script as Javier suggested. You can find it on my blog or on GitHub.

-Matt

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by printscreen (Brass Contributor)
Solution

HI@printscreen , yes, that option is in preview under a new feature called automation rules. You can sign up for the Sentinel private preview program here: http://aka.ms/securityprp

Regards

View solution in original post