SOLVED

How to add multiple workspaces to Azure Sentinel

Brass Contributor

Hi there,

Currently we have Azure Sentinel running on workspace "abc" within subscription "123". Now we would like to add another workspace "efg" that is within subscription "456" to the already running sentinel instance connected to workspace "abc".

Can any one guide me if this is even possible? if yes, how to add an additional workspace in existing sentinel instance in a different subscription?

any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Fahad.

8 Replies
Just create "efg" then add it to Sentinel. Providing the subscriptions are in the same tenant (Directory) you are ok, if they are not you will need Azure Lighthouse.
so subscriptions are in the same tenant. When you are saying "Just create "efg" then add it to Sentinel." are you referring to add this workspace to a new Azure Sentinel instance or the existing Sentinel instance that already has "abc" workspace connected? if "efg" will need to be connected then please guide how? since I am new here n dont see anything that can point of how to add an existing workspace to an existing sentinel instance that is already connected to another workspace.

@FahadAhmed 

From Sentinel the UI --> +Create --> you then get an option to "create New Workspace" or Add an existing one - just select a Workspace then press [add]

Clive_Watson_0-1645053784915.png

@Clive_Watson 

Clive, I think Fahad was asking if it's possible to map one Sentinel instance to multiple workspaces.
@FahadAhmed Please let me know if I'm wrong, Fahad.
If we follow your suggestion Clive, we will have multiple Sentinels: one for each log analytics workspace. That seems right to me. It is not possible to connect multiple workspaces to a single Sentinel instance, isn't it?

Thanks
best response confirmed by FahadAhmed (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Indeed, you cannot map one sentinel instance to multiple workspaces, so multiple workspaces means multiple sentinel instances.

While you have the ability to run multi-workspace queries against multiple sentinel instances in one go, you will still need manage settings and so forth separately for each sentinel instance.
Sorry if I wasn't clear...yes one Workspace per Sentinel instance.

@Sergei2435 yeah that was exactly my questions.

Thanks Jonhed , Clive_watson and Sergei. Appreciate your support and clarifications.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by FahadAhmed (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Indeed, you cannot map one sentinel instance to multiple workspaces, so multiple workspaces means multiple sentinel instances.

While you have the ability to run multi-workspace queries against multiple sentinel instances in one go, you will still need manage settings and so forth separately for each sentinel instance.

View solution in original post