SOLVED

Azure Logic Apps pricing (Rough Estimate)

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I am just trying to find out if there is a way to find out rough estimate that how much Azure Logic Apps cost. I was following : https://azure.microsoft.com/en-ca/pricing/details/logic-apps/ link but it does not have any fixed price so is there any way to get an idea how much it will cost me before I start using it?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by msef280 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @msef280 ,

Azure Logic Apps (the version currently GA, not the one in preview) has a consumption-based model, so no flat fixed fee.

The hardest part is to estimate how many times your workflow would run in a given timeframe (e.g. a month). Since most Logic App triggers are event-based, depending on what trigger you use, you need to estimate how many events will occur that would trigger your Logic App run.

The second factor is how many connectors you are using in your workflow. Standard connectors (like Office 365) have a different "unit price" comparing to Enterprise connectors. If your workflow is more complex and handle enterprise software, you might need an Integration Account (or even a separate Integration Service Environment). These capabilities are adding to your total costs.

If there is no way you can estimate those and put these figures into Azure Pricing Calculator, you could create a budget alert with a certain $$ value on the Resource Group where you deployed your Logic App. You will be notified, if or when your either reach the limit (actual costs budget alert) or Azure predicts you will in near future (forecasted budget alert).

If you have the Playbooks running, there is Workbook to check the usage and billing (and other data points).

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/azure-sentinel/what-s-new-monitoring-your-logic-apps-playbook...
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by msef280 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @msef280 ,

Azure Logic Apps (the version currently GA, not the one in preview) has a consumption-based model, so no flat fixed fee.

The hardest part is to estimate how many times your workflow would run in a given timeframe (e.g. a month). Since most Logic App triggers are event-based, depending on what trigger you use, you need to estimate how many events will occur that would trigger your Logic App run.

The second factor is how many connectors you are using in your workflow. Standard connectors (like Office 365) have a different "unit price" comparing to Enterprise connectors. If your workflow is more complex and handle enterprise software, you might need an Integration Account (or even a separate Integration Service Environment). These capabilities are adding to your total costs.

If there is no way you can estimate those and put these figures into Azure Pricing Calculator, you could create a budget alert with a certain $$ value on the Resource Group where you deployed your Logic App. You will be notified, if or when your either reach the limit (actual costs budget alert) or Azure predicts you will in near future (forecasted budget alert).

View solution in original post