Security Baseline install issues (21H2)

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I've installed the 21h2 security baseline on my test laptop running Windows 10 21H2 LTSC Evaluation  following the steps in this lab under the heading Security Baseline: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/iot-ent-configure-policy-setti...

I added LGPO.exe to the Scripts\Tools folder and then ran the Baseline-Localinstall.PS1 from an administrator PowerShell window with the parameter -Win10NonDomainJoined and it appear to install correctly.

Once I restarted the laptop after the install it failed to boot and I got the following error message:

IMG_20220614_152724.jpg

I thought it might have been related to some other changes I had made to the Windows install on the laptop so I rebuilt it from scratch and ran the Security Baseline installer again and I got the same error essentially bricking the windows install on the laptop.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what could be causing this issue?

Thanks,

Arran

2 Replies

Update:

I've now tested the exact same process on the same laptop but I installed Windows 10 Pro 21H2 rather than Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC Evaluation 21H2 and it seems to have worked fine so It's possible that there is an issue here with that edition of windows or possibly because it's an evaluation copy rather than the full version.

Update: Update:

It seems that the issue has nothing to do with version of windows and everything to do with installing it in Audit mode. Has anyone had an issue with installing this while in audit mode? Would it be feasible to take the steps from the documentation spreadsheet and apply the Security baseline manually as a potential way to get around this issue?