SOLVED

Policy Analyzer Command Line or any way to automate Policy Analyzer?

Copper Contributor

We are looking for a way to scan systems against a backup GPO in an automated fashion. The Policy Analyzer works great, but there doesn't seem to be a way to run it in an automated fashion. Are there any plans to offer this functionality? Or am I unaware of another tool or technique I should be using?

Thank you.

7 Replies

@DavidBloom

Was looking for this as well! In the comment section of this article, Aaron Margosis mentions how the import process (where the .PolicyRules file is created) can be used with Powershell:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/secguide/2016/01/22/new-tool-policy-analyzer/

However, I couldn't find anything on how to compare the .PolicyRules files together. Would love to get an update on this @Aaron Margosis 

best response confirmed by Deleted
Solution

@DavidBloom and @000Kyoto sorry for the delay.  Aaron is working on something to cover this gap and should have something in preview form to share in the coming months.

Hi @Rick_Munck any update on this please?

Thanks 

@David Caddick nothing yet, still trying to figure out the best way

Hello @Rick_Munck, do you have any news about automating Policy Analyzer ?

@Richard_Lazaro sorry, nothing additional at this time.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Deleted
Solution

@DavidBloom and @000Kyoto sorry for the delay.  Aaron is working on something to cover this gap and should have something in preview form to share in the coming months.

View solution in original post