Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

Secure Score Suggestion

Silver Contributor

As currently implemented, the Compare Your Score chart compares my tenant to every other tenant in the world. I think that it would be more helpful to compare similar tenants, e.g. government, education, small business and large business tenants should be compared to each other.

6 Replies

I believe this is a great recommendation that should be added to the platform. I would also add your comment Dean, a comparison of geographic regions. North America, South America vs. Asia, etc.

@Dean Gross yes i think it should be compared to your subscription and not a BP to a e5 because it would never be possible to get the same score

I agree with Dean, a comparison between tenants from similar sectors would be really beneficial.  Within the security & compliance centre there is already a setting for Region & Industry e.g. 'Banking', 'Healthcare, non-profit' etc which could be used as industry sectors vary so much in their security risk appetite.

After some more thought, I think that it would be helpful to be able to compare the Secure Score chart to the Regions and Industries that are available in the Security & Compliance Center for Service Assurance resources.

@Brandon Koeller

I would like the "Compare your score" to be more meaningful, it doesn't provide many insights right now.   So we have a score of 72 versus 20 for the Office 365 average score, (20 sounds very low but maybe as an average it's correct). If you use ATP, how is the comparable to tenants that don't have it, that's worth 30 points alone. 

Hello All, FYI we have a Government AMA happening now: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Government-AMA/bd-p/GovernmentAMA