SOLVED

Secure Score - Enable Office 365 Cloud App Security Console Advanced Action

Copper Contributor

I have been using Secure Score and Cloud App Security for nearly a year now. One of the new additions for scoring in Secure score is " Enable Office 365 Cloud App Security Console Advanced Action " . I am currently getting a score of 0/20 when it is enabled, and I am using it?

Any idea how I can get this fixed

6 Replies

Hi Paul,

Just to confirm, are you using Microsoft Cloud App Security or Office 365 Cloud App Security?  If you are using Microsoft Cloud App Security you will not get the points as it is only measuring activation of Office 365 Cloud App Security.

Hi Anthony,

I can confirm I am using "Office 365 Cloud App Security" conencting to it via Security and Compliance center or via https://protection.office.com/?rfr=AdminCenter#

Thanks for the response Paul.  When you launch it from the Security and Compliance Center though does it say Office 365 Cloud App Security at the top or does it say Microsoft Cloud App Security?  The reason I ask is that I see your other thread with a Microsoft Cloud App Security question.  Assuming this question is about the same tenant, then you can't have Office 365 Cloud App Security enabled.  If you own both solutions, the Office 365 Cloud App Security link will load Microsoft Cloud App Security as it is a superset of the Office 365 Cloud App Security features.

best response confirmed by Paul Baird (Copper Contributor)
Solution

My head is starting to hurt now :)

Yes my questions is about the same tenant

When I am in Securtiy & Compliance center the link says "Cloud app Security" within the Security operators widget, when that link is launched it says "Cloud App Security" at the top of the page . So I am going to assume that I am incorrect and this is not Office cloud app security then. If that is the case as we have "Cloud App Security" and not "Office Cloud App Security" do I just ignore the secure score task then?

Many thanks

Paul.

Hi Paul,

You should ignore the task and have the points removed from the denominator.

Understood,

thank you for the clarity

Paul.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Paul Baird (Copper Contributor)
Solution

My head is starting to hurt now :)

Yes my questions is about the same tenant

When I am in Securtiy & Compliance center the link says "Cloud app Security" within the Security operators widget, when that link is launched it says "Cloud App Security" at the top of the page . So I am going to assume that I am incorrect and this is not Office cloud app security then. If that is the case as we have "Cloud App Security" and not "Office Cloud App Security" do I just ignore the secure score task then?

Many thanks

Paul.

View solution in original post