OME- Encrypt button missing in Outlook 2016

Iron Contributor

I posted this in the Outlook group, but had no responses to it.  I suspect that was the wrong place to post, so I'm re-asking my question here. Apologies if that upsets anyone.

Basically, my issue is that I have the Encrypt button appearing in OWA, but the equivalent does not appear in Outlook, and I can't see where to go to track down the reason.

Using Outlook 1902 (Build 11328.20392 Click-to-Run), with Microsoft E3 license.  I have confirmed that AzureRMSLicensingEnabled is set to True.   Are there any other hoops I have to jump through to enable this?  Any other components that need installing?

Apart from raising a support call, do I have any other options open to me?

4 Replies

If anyone stumbles across this looking for a solution, in our case it was a Group Policy getting in the way.

@Lloyd Adams Did you ever get a resolution to this?  We are having the same problem.  Our users still see the Permission button in Option in Outlook 2016 and not the Encrypt option.

@Deb CoddingIn our case we had overlooked a group policy option.  I'm told the GPO was Turn off Information Rights Management User Interface.  Hope that helps

I have same issue and I found that only is supported under Outlook 2019 and 365