Azure Information Protection Scanner - Can it auto-label a certain file format?

Copper Contributor

Hello to everyone!

I installed AIP Scanner on my system, it works fine. Can I automatically label "Confidential" labels to all files with "png" and "dwg" extensions on File Servers?

Or does AIP Scanner only work on text-based files(docx, txt, rtf etc) ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

3 Replies
@PeterRising
I have benefited a lot from your MS-500 book, and by the way I wanted to thank you from here. And I would be very happy if you could help with this subject.
Hi There, thank you so much for your kind words. It's most appreciated. By default, only office files and pdf's can be labelled by the AIP scanner, but you can use PowerShell to configure the scanner to protect all file types as described here - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/information-protection/deploy-aip-scanner-configure-install#c... - hope this helps.

Hello @PeterRising, thank you for your answer. But I dont understand, sorry :(

However, I want to automatically label the "png" and "dwg" extensions as "Confidential". Shouldn't it be a powershell that takes a few arguments for it? The first argument is the file type, the second argument is the name of the label.

Because as above, I want to label "psd" files with a label called "Secret" by default.

Can such a scenario be realized?